The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) in Partnership with AMGEN funded Fellowship Program for Young Physicians from Egypt, Turkey, Russia or South Africa in the field of Clinical Care, Research or Educational Methods, 2013-2014
The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) is a global nephrology society with ~10,000 members across the globe. ISN is dedicated to the humanitarian goal of advancing the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of kidney diseases in the developing and developed world.
One of its avenues to achieve these goals is to support nephrology education and training worldwide through the ISN Fellowship Program. AMGEN is a US-based global company committed to working for the advancement of nephrology in the developing world, and in Egypt, Turkey, Russia and South Africa in particular. ISN and Amgen intend to develop a partnership to express their mutual commitment to the global advancement of nephrology.
- Study Subject(s): Study subjects are Clinical care, research or educational methods.
- Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing training program.
- Scholarship Provider: ISN and AMGEN
- Scholarship can be taken at: The ISN Fellowship Program has expanded to allow opportunities for nephrologists from emerging countries to train in Host Centers in their own region of the world, rather than exclusively in North America, Europe, or Australasia.
- Number of awards offered: Amgen commits to financially support the ISN-Amgen Fellowships in 2013 and 2014 for four (4) single-one-year fellowships.
- Duration of award(s): Amgen funds can be used for a single one-year fellowships only.
A partnership agreement between ISN and Amgen was recently finalized for young applicants (usually below 40 years) from Egypt, South Africa, Turkey, or Russia who wish to train in clinical nephrology, in educational methods or research. They should meet all requirements of standard ISN Fellowships as laid out in the guidelines of the ISN application process.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: This Fellowship scheme is designed to enable young physicians from Egypt, Turkey, Russia or South Africa.
What does it cover? Amgen will fund 50% of the full-year cost of a Fellowship. The other 50% will be matched by ISN.